Stravinsky: Pétrouchka (ballet)
1. Danse russe (Russian dance)
2. Chez Pétrouchka (Pétrouchka's Cell)
3. Chez le Maure (The Moor's Room)
4. Danse de la ballerine (Dance of the Ballerina)
5. La semaine grasse (The Shrovetide Fair)
6. Mort de Pétrouchka (Pétrouchka's Death)
Leonid Brumberg, piano
The transcription "Trois mouvements de Pétrouchka" by Stravinsky is wellknown around the world. Hungarian composer Tivadar Szántó (1877-1934) arranged two more parts of the ballet: "The Moor's Room" and "Dance of the Ballerina".
Leonid Brumberg himself arranged the final piece in this piano version: "Pétrouchka's Death", so that he plays here a unique combination of six pieces of Stravinsky's music.