December 1st London International Peace Conference - Photo: Joëlle Pénochet
Agreed unanimously by 1200 delegates from 26 countries attending the World Against War Conference on Saturday 1 December 2007.
This conference of delegates from peace, anti-war, anti-imperialist and liberation movements across the world declares its opposition to the “endless war” prosecuted by the US government against states, peoples and movements in all parts of our planet.
We oppose the interference of the US and its allies in sovereign states, and assert the right of all peoples to self-determination. We support all people fighting for peace and against imperialism.
In particular, we demand:
- An immediate end to the illegal military occupation of Iraq, which has caused hundreds of thousands of deaths and displaced millions of people, a withdrawal of all foreign troops and the full transfer of sovereignty to the Iraqi people and their representatives.
- A halt to all preparations for an attack against Iran, and a commitment to solve any issues through exclusively diplomatic means.
- A withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan, allowing the Afghan people to determine their own future.
- Justice for the Palestinian people, and an end to Israeli aggression throughout the Middle East.
- An end to plans for US missile defence, and that all states actively pursue nuclear disarmament.
- We affirm the solidarity of all those fighting for peace, social justice and self-determination worldwide, and commit ourselves to strengthening our unity and developing new forms of co-operation.
We therefore designate the anniversary of the invasion of Iraq as a worldwide day of action in support of the demands NO ATTACK on IRAN and TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ/AFGHANISTAN and call on all national anti-war movements to hold mass protests and demonstrations on that day.
Photo: Joëlle Pénochet
more on :